Friday, January 2, 2009

bills - Darlinghurst

When we lived in Sydney, for some reason, I never got the opportunity to have breakfast at 'bills'. Now everyone knows of him, how he started and his famous scrambled eggs and coconut bread.

I have made the coconut bread often. I toast a slice - or two, place a generous pat of butter on top, dredge it with icing sugar, drizzle generously with maple syrup and then sit quietly by myself and enjoy the moments of bliss while I eat this divine breakfast bread.

A recent day trip to Sydney was started with breakfast at bills. While I forgot to take a photo of the beautiful deep pink juice, I did remember the large communal table and the famous scrambled eggs.
By the time we left people were standing around the walls waiting for a table.



No comments: